Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Read

I used to have to be grounded
to read.
I loved to read
anywhere
all.
the.
time.
I used to read my words
aloud.
And anxiety over others readingmy words engulfed my dreams.
Once there was time
to read
words. Words.
modern.
classic.
fantastic.
safe.
scary.
And all mixed up.
Or misspelled could pay
or enticed.
words words words words.
And now I have to scrape
them off my shoes
or find them in the bathroom
or between the sheets
or in the car
at a red light.
Sometimes after a photo of my kids.
Then,
just because I am no longer
surrounded
by words I love
or could find only
a single breath
for
does not mean they are not out
of mind.
No.
I surround
myself with letters
until the words find
their way back to me.
and then
I will read.
again.
Then maybe
create
again.


No comments: