Sunday, August 22, 2010

Trevor Freedland's 5 words

pigeon, moses, shower, cage, death

Am I running that fast

or is your head shrinking?

I’m out of my cage,

but I don’t feel like a bird.

I am a man—

ignoring red lights

children, cars,

and the crazies

on each corner—

just running and running.


Am I running too fast

because every pigeon

is a tiny cannibal?

They pick away at chicken bones,

reminding me for a moment

that mine will ache tomorrow.

I want to kick the bird meat

out of their bird mouths

but that would take minutes

off my mile time.


Am I running that fast

or is death catching up?

Maybe that’s the sound

ringing in my ears

and the lights I see

when I blink my eyes.

But I keep running.

Running around the city

that never sleeps.


Am I running too fast

because you are turning into Moses

with a new set of 10 commandments?

You would join me

if I left frantic messages

on our fridge.

You would join me

if we were not

our futures,

our defenses.

You should join me.

When I run I am not

my nametag,

or my failures,

or the why and how come.

Don’t panic, don’t be paranoid,

Just run.


Am I running that fast

or have all the leaves

fallen on your head too?

The whole world climbed up a tree

and I’m running at the speed of sound.

I can see how it all began

and if you could see, you would understand.

I’m running and running

around the last corner,

off the last curb

across the last crack

up the last step

into the door.

You smile.

I shower.

5 comments:

DKim34 said...

I can feel both despair and hope from your poem. Especially, your comment about Death, makes my soul to have some impression.I like your poem and feeling.

Jassica said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Here is usful info too.....

Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio 1 on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 3. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers

Anonymous said...

push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles

Rizwan Ali

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape