Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kissing in public was twice as sweet




My nerves feel like they’ve woken

from sweet dreams.

Came a long way, the wind

caught up with me.


There’s an ache in my stomach.

How long can I try

to find a sense of love—

as a verb.


I would trade these cigarettes

for peppermint breath

but I’ve been smoking since

they stopped making cassettes.


Only once I’ve hoped for

a pregnancy test to be

positive.

I had to whisper liar

until I convinced myself the word

was directed at my desire,

not the pee-drenched plastic

between my fingers.


Time gave me new sleep habits.


Throbbing moved from my stomach

up through my heart

and into my mind.

If I look in the mirror keenly enough

I can push it slowly through

my contracted pupils.


I stopped singing loudly.


I should have ran around

screaming proudly

at the top of my lungs.

Instead I cry harder—

longer.


How did my fingertips stop reaching for idealism?

My palms sweat self-deprecation

and I cannot escape the gravity

of our love’s mortality.


6 comments:

Marissa Forbes said...

our love is the only force stronger than gravity

Jassica said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Here is usful info too.....

Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio 1 on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 3. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers

Anonymous said...

push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles

Rizwan Ali

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Michelle Hussey said...

I am so pleased I found this blog, I really got you by an accident, while I was searching for something else. The story and blog you have published is very interesting as well as informatics, Thanks for sharing such type of informatics thing. Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks