Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And the horizon


took too long to curve around itself
so you reached down to scratch 
"Always" into the sand.
You never were one for patience.
Or maybe I'm the one who isn't,
but we don't mind waiting
as long as it's with each other.

Sometimes we drink whiskey
like it's wine and I ask you 
to rub your fingers through my hair
and you do but not for long.
I don't mind though,
because of the way you kiss
the back of my neck, right at
the hair line as you take
your hands away.

On too many nights
we fall asleep on the couch
and the TV whispers
infomercials up our noses.
In the early light of the day
we move to your windowless
room with sore necks.
The dog rests her wet nose on your knee.
You hold me while I glimpse
you in a dream 
and you always walk the same.
Once you weren't smiling
but I woke to your breath on my back
and I knew what I'll always feel.

This love.

5 comments:

SarahA said...

Beautifully rendered; you.

matt at shadow of irs said...

This piece is very soft and gentle, a sea breeze.

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Michelle Hussey said...

I am so pleased I found this blog, I really got you by an accident, while I was searching for something else. The story and blog you have published is very interesting as well as informatics, Thanks for sharing such type of informatics thing. Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks