Friday, July 3, 2009

Heaven

Is it what we make of it?


Heaven is a goal, a prize. Even angels fall.


Sometimes men use heaven in their pick-up lines and most women roll their eyes.


When praying, people roll their heads downward and when heaven is cursed, people raise up their fists in fury.


Heaven is having a job and not having a job.


Heaven is a song. No one knows the notes or how to play it, no one knows where it starts or ends.


Heaven is not ripping off a band-aid, maybe it’s the wound underneath.


My pupils shrink in the sun and I squint my eyes to see your face. You smile and heaven feels something like my eyes dilating again.


Heaven is getting enough sleep but is it a dream?


We feel heaven when love is found, when making love.


Heaven is not what keeps us alive, we have hell for that.


Heaven is a pumpkin no one picks so it shrivels and rots on the vine. It becomes a part of the ground it was born from.


Can there be heaven on Earth?


Maybe heaven isn’t our happiest moment but more like a moment we’re most ourselves.


When I’m naked in front of a mirror with a tampon string hanging between my legs, holding my tender breasts, I imagine the day a baby will grow in me. I imagine seeing heaven in his or her eyes the first time light hits them.


I don’t want to end with a cliché but maybe that’s what heaven is.


5 comments:

S.L. Corsua said...

"My pupils shrink in the sun and I squint my eyes to see your face. You smile and heaven feels something like my eyes dilating again."

I most liked that part, about "eyes dilating again" as a metaphor for heaven.

Heaven is clarity then. ;) If that is the case, then may all writers aspire for, and be filled with, heaven.

Cheers.

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Michelle Hussey said...

I am so pleased I found this blog, I really got you by an accident, while I was searching for something else. The story and blog you have published is very interesting as well as informatics, Thanks for sharing such type of informatics thing. Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks

Pakistani Talk Shows said...

I really enjoy examining on this internet site, it contains excellent articles. I appreciate your work.
Pakistani Talk Shows
Dramas Online
Drama Online
Pakistani Dramas
Urdu Columns
Hum TV Dramas
ARY Dramas
Pakistan News