Saturday, January 31, 2009

History and Titles

So, when I began my college writing career, I was certain I would be a poet. And I kept that up until junior year when my computer was stolen and I lost close to 400 poems that I had stupidly not backed up or printed out...so I decided to stop writing poetry. Then I decided to back up what little poetry I did have on here and shortly there after I began writing it again. All and all, I'm very happy I let poetry back into my life. The break was needed but it really is one of my life passions. But anyway, I recently began going through all my college notebooks because, frankly, I miss structured learning. I found a poem simply called, "Title Poem," which is exactly what it sounds like: a poem that consists of titles from other poems. It made me laugh because I remember writing some of those crazy poems but also sad because I don't have most of them anymore. So, here is that:

Silence
Fork tongs, warm
G.I. Joe is golden
Bestiality is best if weary
Sad records
Broken something
Between a heart and your head
Skin
She laughs freely
Swing me
Don't be lonely
From tree to limb
Can't fall, free
A real good cook (or look...I can't read my hand writing)
Painted socks
Bottles of pills
Flowers in trash cans
Skip me
Constant
Tidal waves
Strawberry honey
Relish fetish
Sometimes it moves
What's gone
Deeper hopelessness
Holding breathes like hands
Big eyed fools
Carry on on on
Over misters, under sons

6 comments:

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Adeela Abbas said...

Thank you for sharing valuable information, and I am on the lookout for such information.
Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks

Adeela Abbas said...

Thank you for sharing valuable information, and I am on the lookout for such information.
Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks

Pakistani Talk Shows said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Pakistani Talk Shows, Dramas Online, Drama Online, Pakistani Dramas, Urdu Columns, Hum TV Dramas, ARY Dramas, Urdu News

Pakistani Talk Shows said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Pakistani Talk Shows, Dramas Online, Drama Online, Pakistani Dramas, Urdu Columns, Hum TV Dramas, ARY Dramas, Urdu News