Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Smoke through the window

Tonight, I resisted the urge to blare my music. I take soft steps around soiled socks then blow foul smoke out the crack of a window. The same one I watch the seasons change through. My tree-top jungle--with the Brooklyn Queens Expressway far enough in the distance to sound like crashing waves--turns into skeletons missing their clothes. The same window I squint through the mid-day brightness to watch people shake cocktails on a roof deck. In the summer, I watch them on their perch and fantasize about sun-soaking my skin on their lounge chairs. Then I realize I live in a voyeuristic city. I remember all the kisses those cocktail sippers have seen through my window over the year and I bet myself two more minutes of sleep that if I ever made it to that roof deck, I would see my bed through this window and want to be sprawled across it. Kissing a man with cigarette breathe.

7 comments:

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Adeela Abbas said...

You have done good job. Nice post Thanks for sharing, Below some useful information too......
Franke Sink Tap Packages, Franke Inset Sinks, Franke Undermount Sinks, Franke Hoods, Franke Downdraft, Franke Kitchen Taps, Franke Instant Hot Water Taps, Franke Filter Flow Taps. Franke Waste Disposal, Franke Kitchen Accessories.
Thanks

Adeela Abbas said...

You have done good job. Nice post Thanks for sharing, Below some useful information too......
Franke Sink Tap Packages, Franke Inset Sinks, Franke Undermount Sinks, Franke Hoods, Franke Downdraft, Franke Kitchen Taps, Franke Instant Hot Water Taps, Franke Filter Flow Taps. Franke Waste Disposal, Franke Kitchen Accessories.
Thanks

Pakistani Talk Shows said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Pakistani Talk Shows, Dramas Online, Drama Online, Pakistani Dramas, Urdu Columns, Hum TV Dramas, ARY Dramas, Urdu News