Thursday, October 23, 2008

Liza and Matt's 5 Words


Mud

The day I felt like a little sister
the sky changed
from periwinkle to
the color of soot
in a matter of moments.
I run through the pumpkin fields
after that red-haired boy,
who some years
later isn't even real
enough to put in my pocket.
I run until
my lungs fill with ice
and confusion throbs
on my temple.
I finally see him,
lying flat
on his back with clumps
of dirt sticking to his ears.
My toes
touch the bottoms of his feet
and he says to me,
"You never know
what worse luck your bad luck
has saved you from."
And raindrops fall
onto us--he floats in a pool of mud.

4 comments:

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Adeela Abbas said...

You have done good job. Nice post Thanks for sharing, Below some useful information too......
Franke Sink Tap Packages, Franke Inset Sinks, Franke Undermount Sinks, Franke Hoods, Franke Downdraft, Franke Kitchen Taps, Franke Instant Hot Water Taps, Franke Filter Flow Taps. Franke Waste Disposal, Franke Kitchen Accessories.
Thanks

Pakistani Talk Shows said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Pakistani Talk Shows, Dramas Online, Drama Online, Pakistani Dramas, Urdu Columns, Hum TV Dramas, ARY Dramas, Urdu News