Tuesday, May 13, 2008

notes from the margins


Language fills my dresser drawer
sometimes I collect them into poems.

A library of smells
the library smells

astricks mean a lot of me

If only a pimple had a proper home

pop of perfect peace, the pop of baby food jars

cozy rosaries
word cubes
inside diatribes

Vegetables are done when they smell
like themselves.

If I resemble my mother,
that's not a catastrophe.

raiding zones
soapberry
mason jars
mascara
temple


This poem fills
my belly,
verbs like cramps.
language fills my head.

When Brooklyn sleeps
I keep my eyes
on the cracks
in the sidewalks.

A beautiful child of light,
smokes her last cigarette.

John Wayne's teeth--
are they real?
Are they wood
or are they steal?

She has the need
to search for the middle.
I want to find the middle.
The middle of what?

Why is Please Please Please
so good?

poets
write
for
eachother

3 comments:

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Adeela Abbas said...

You have done good job. Nice post Thanks for sharing, Below some useful information too......
Franke Sink Tap Packages, Franke Inset Sinks, Franke Undermount Sinks, Franke Hoods, Franke Downdraft, Franke Kitchen Taps, Franke Instant Hot Water Taps, Franke Filter Flow Taps. Franke Waste Disposal, Franke Kitchen Accessories.
Thanks