Saturday, April 19, 2008

One of my Favorite Poems


Harvest Moon

A beautiful woman and an ugly man stand on a corner in Times Square. They wait for the signal to walk. The ugly man says, A beautiful, little woman here to be a model or an actress on the big screen? Can you sing me a song, the tune of your heart that will top the charts?

I am the dirt under the feet of a diligent farmer. Trudging on me, he leaves the mark of his soul on my face. In my nose, he plants a seed.

The ugly man says, A beautiful, little woman, you should be up on that billboard, not a can of Pepsi. It should be your face on the television, not that news anchor who lies.

I am a corn stalk with ears that touch the sky. I will reach God today, "What's the meaning of life?" I will ask him.

The ugly man says, A beautiful, little woman, you're not meant to walk, come home with me and I will lie you down on my bed. I will paint your portriat, better than The Birth of Venus.

The sun is setting, says the beautiful woman while looking up through the skyscrapers. The harvest moon will be out tonight.

3 comments:

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Adeela Abbas said...

Thank you for sharing valuable information, and I am on the lookout for such information.
Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks