Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Napkin poem, Part 4


Sounds

Wayne Koestenbaum wrote
something about the greatest sound
was that of baby food jars opening.
Something in the way it POPS.
I tend to agree.

At this moment
all I hear is a fan
blowing, and charms clank
on the wall because.
I would rather
listen to milk steamers.

Once I wrote a love note
to a boyfriend;
in it I said,
"I'm thinking about you.
As I write this
and while you're reading."

I wonder now,
if the only sound
you can hear
are my words
in your head.

Yesterday I asked a girl
who talks too fast
to read
her favorite poem.
She slowed down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the note actually read:

"I'm thinking about you.
As I write this
and while you're reading IT."

I was just thrown off because you cut it short. :)

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Adeela Abbas said...

Thank you for sharing valuable information, and I am on the lookout for such information.
Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks