Monday, March 31, 2008

Found poem, written 2 years ago


Deeper Everyday

Part One
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."
-George Bush, Greece, N.Y. May, 24, 2005

I am an American, a man
of power.

American Hegemony
is on my agenda.
I want to put my hands in
global issues.
I am here to force
freedom,
spread democracy.

Eat those "freedom fries"
Drive the SUV
but don't forget
to support
our troops
.

I am the decider, I decide
what's best. Pull out
the troops when we win.

Part Two
"My mental faculities remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military."
-Smedley Butler

I can't cry anymore--
sand crusts my eyes
while I sleep
and I wake
with assault
rifle
indents on my face.

Yesterday,
I ate six big macs
so I could shit--
it had been four days.

Fuck the fries.
There was a town
next to my base last week.
I heard howls
for days after
the bombs dropped.

It's not about cowboys
or Indians.
An oath
was taken to defend
our flag

our freedom--
over seas and under fire.

I may not make it home
but I know it's still there
awaiting.

Part Three
"Why would I want one more mother--either Iragi or American--to go through what I'm going through? I don't want him to justify my son's honorable sacrifice."
-Cindy Sheehan

My son went overseas
to find his place under ground.

My son went out for milk,
he was found with goats feasting on his insides.

2 comments:

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Adeela Abbas said...

Thank you for sharing valuable information, and I am on the lookout for such information.
Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks